7 : 100

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

18" x 24" acrylic on canvas

Day 7

Reflection : I've had this canvas lying around for about a year and it has had layers on layers of paint applied, every time I worked on it, I didn't really want to.  I feel this need to just cover everything in white, and leave only a few shapes.  I like the way you can still see the texture and other colors underneath the white, seemingly random, maybe a little accidental, but genuinely with purpose.  It reminds me of the way we, as humans, covering ourselves, hiding our true feelings, changing ourselves out of fear that others won't love us the way we truly are.  The masks we create, even though we make them, we are there, underneath, hiding, or at least trying to hide.  I like to think that I try to let my true feelings show more, it's a work in progress, allowing myself to be fully me.  And I think me right now, is still trying to hide away old masks or old personas that I've had.  I'm trying to start from scratch, never fully able to completely start fresh.  Maybe I'm not fully accepting my past choices as much as I think I am.

- Jordan



Post a Comment

where to find me




Jordan Harmon © . QUINN CREATIVES .