1 : 100

Thursday, May 11, 2017



4.5" x 4.5" acrylic on canvas paper

Day 1

Reflection : I started with a photo of roses I took at a nearby city rose garden.  Sketched out quick circles for the placement of the roses, mixed my colors and used slow and purposeful strokes, trusting my instincts.  I gave myself space to put a stroke down, and accept it.  I am often overwhelmed by too many details.  The pressure and stress of perfection is heavy.  I wanted to make something simple and gentle.  Painted from a photo, I only focused on the shapes and the colors.  I ignored the voice who needed the painting to be just like the photo.  No anxiety, no hard words, no worries, just compassion, the paintbrush, and the paint.  I wanted the shapes and the colors to be loudest, not my worries or my insecurities.



- Jordan



Post a Comment

where to find me




Jordan Harmon © . QUINN CREATIVES .